Carlisle First Church of God
The Carlisle First Church of God is a non-Pentecostal evangelical church. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible authority. It is the Word of God. This is our only rule of faith and practice.
Our church dates back to 1894 when an organizational meeting was held in Sipe's Hall on South Hanover Street, Carlisle. At that meeting thirty-six people formed a covenant that established the First Church of God in Carlisle. That same year the new congregation purchased a church on West Louther Street. We worshiped in that location until 1974 when the congregation moved to our present location.
choose a bulletin from the drop down list and click go
Updating the Church Directory
The Carlisle Church of God is updating the church directory.
1) Step 1: Fill out the online form here.
2) Step 2: It may take a few days for your information to be entered. You will then receive a confirmation email.
3) Step 3: Set your password here, use your email as your username.
4) Step 4: You may upload a photo here. Photos will be taken at the church in a few weeks if you do not wish to upload a photo.
5) Step 5: You can now view the church directory here.
6) Step 6: Download the app. you can download the phone app by searching for Instant Church Directory in the app store.
7) Step 7: Enter your email as your username on the app. you will receive an email with your password for the app. The password for the phone app is not the same as the password for the website.
8) If you encounter any problems email Bryan Dellinger at email@example.com
Job Opportunity for a Music Director
The Carlisle First Church of God is looking for a new Music Director. The position is a Part Time year round, paid position. If chosen, it would require regular Sunday attendance. The Music Director works directly with the pastoral staff and members of the music program (organist & pianist) and our Church Council oversees this position.
Job responsibilities include:
Possess skills for planning and directing music for Sr. Choir each Sunday morning from Sept - May.
Plan music/accompaniment as well as direct the music for our Jr. Choir (Children ages 4 through 5th grade) who sing each 4th Sunday from Oct - Mar. as well as to recognize children when they "graduate" from Jr. Choir after they finish 5th grade.
Utilize music budget (which is shared with the organist) to purchase music suitable for each choir's abilities as well as any supplies needed by each choir.
Plan and implement the church's Christmas and Easter programs.
Arrange to have special music each Sunday during the summer months when Sr. choir doesn't sing.
If interested, please submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a printable version of this announcement click here.
View Larger Map